9. Secretary, District Authority-
- The Secretary of the District Authority appointed under sub-section (3) of section 9 of the Act, shall act, exercise and perform the duties of the Secretary of the District Authority in addition to the duties to be discharged by him as a Judicial Officer.
- The Secretary shall be the principal officer of the District Authority and shall be custodian of all assets, accounts records and funds placed at the disposal of the District Authority.
- The Secretary shall maintain or cause to be maintained true and proper accounts of the receipts and disbursements of the funds of the District Authority.
- The Secretary shall convene meetings of the District Authority with the previous approval of the Chairman and shall also attend meetings, and shall be responsible for maintaining a record of the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings.
9A. Term of office of nominated members of District Authority:-
The term of office of the members of the District Authority nominated under sub-rule (3) of rule 10 of the Rules shall be for three years.
10. Meetings of the District Authority-
- The District Authority shall ordinarily meet once a month on such date and at such place, as the Secretary may, in consultation with the Chairman, decide.
- The Chairman, and in the absence of the Chairman, a person chosen by the members present from amongst themselves shall preside at the meeting of the District Authority.
- The procedure at any meeting of the District Authority shall be such as the District Authority may determine.
- The minutes of the proceedings of each meeting shall be truly and faithfully maintained by the Secretary and such minutes shall be open to inspection at all reasonable times by the members of the District Authority. A copy of the minutes shall, as soon as may be after the meeting, be forwarded to the Chairman of the District Authority.
- The quorum for the meeting shall be three including the Chairman or the member presiding over the meeting.
- All questions at the meeting of the District Authority shall be decided by a majority of the members present and voting and in case of a tie the person presiding shall have a second or casting vote.
11. Funds of the District Authority-
- The funds of the District Authority established under section 17 of the Act, shall be maintained in a Scheduled Bank.
- For the purpose of meeting the incidental minor charges such as court fee, stamps and expenditure necessary for obtaining copies of document, etc., a permanent advance of rupees two thousand shall be placed at the disposal of the Secretary of the District Authority.
- All expenditure on legal aid and advice, provisions of other legal services as also expenditure necessary for carrying out the various functions of the District Authority, shall be met out of the funds of the District Authority and in accordance with such rules as may be made by the District Authority with the prior approval of the State Authority. The Secretary shall operate the bank accounts of the District Authority.
- The District Authority shall cause to be kept and maintained true and correct accounts of all receipts and disbursements and furnish quarterly return to the State Authority. Such accounts shall be audited in accordance with the provisions of section 18 of the Act.