10. The number, experience and qualifications of members of the District Authority under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 9,-
- the District Authority shall have not more than eight members;
- the following shall be the ex-officio members of the District Authority:-
- District Magistrate;
- Superintendent of Police of the district ;
- Chief judicial Magistrate of the district; and
- District Government Pleader;
- the State Government may nominate, in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court, other members from amongst those possessing the qualifications and experience provided in sub-rule (4);
- a person shall not be qualified for nominations as a member of the District authority, unless he is,-
- an eminent Social Worker who is engaged in the upliftment of the weaker sections of the people, including Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, women, children and rural labourers; or
- an eminent person in the field of law ; or
- a person of repute who is specially interested in the implementation of the Legal Services Schemes.
11. The number of officers and other employees of the District Authority under sub-section (5) of section 9,-
The District Authority shall have such number of officers and other employees for rendering secretarial assistance and for its day-to-day functions as are set out in Scheduled-C to these rules.
12. The conditions of service and the salary and allowances of the officers and other employees of the District Authority under sub-section (6) of section 9,-
- the officers and other employees of the District Authority shall be entitled to draw pay and allowances in the scale of pay indicated against each post in Schedule C to these rules;
- in all matters relating to service conditions like age of retirement, allowances, benefits and entitlements and in disciplinary matters, the officers and other employees of the District Authority shall be governed by the State Government Rules as are applicable to persons holding equivalent posts.