12. Secretary of the Taluk Legal Services Committee-
- The Junior Clerk-Cum-Typist of the office of the person performing the functions of the Chairman of the Taluk Legal Services Committee shall act, exercise and perform the duties of the Secretary of the Taluk Legal Services Committee.
- The Secretary shall be the custodian of all assets, accounts, records and funds placed at the disposal of the Taluk committee.
The Secretary shall maintain or cause to be maintained true and proper accounts of the receipts and disbursements of the funds of the Taluk Committee.
- The Secretary shall, with the previous approval of the Chairman, convene meetings of the Taluk Committee and shall also attend meetings and shall be responsible for maintaining a record of the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings.
12A. Term of office of nominated members of Taluk Legal Services Committee,-
The term of office of the members of the Taluk Legal Services Committee nominated under sub-rule (3) of rule 13 of the Rules shall be for three years.
13. Meetings of the Taluk Committee-
- The Taluk Committee shall ordinarily meet once a month on such date and at such place, as the Chairman may decide.
- The Chairman and, in the absence of the Chairman, a person chosen by the members present from amongst themselves shall preside at the meeting of the Taluk Committee.
- The procedure at any meetings of the Taluk Legal Services Committee shall be such as the Taluk Committee may determine.
- The minutes of the proceedings of each meeting shall be truly and faithfully maintained by the Secretary and such minutes shall be open to inspection at all reasonable times by the members of the Taluk Committee. A copy of the minutes shall, as soon as may be after the meeting, be forwarded to the District Authority as well as State Authority
- The quorum for the meeting shall be three including the Chairman or the member presiding over the meeting.
- All questions at the meeting of the Taluk Committee shall be decided by the majority of the members present and voting and, in case of tie, the person presiding shall have a second or casting vote.
14. Funds, Accounts and Audit of the Taluk Legal Services Committee-
- The funds of the Taluk Committee shall consist of such amount as may be allocated and granted to it by the State Authority as also such amounts as may be received by the Committee form time to time either by way of donations or by way of costs, charges and expenses recovered from the legal aided persons or the opposite-party or otherwise.
- The funds of the Taluk Committee shall be maintained in a Schedule Bank.
- For the purpose of meeting the incidental minor charges such as court fee, stamps and expenditure necessary for obtaining copies of documents, etc., a permanent advance of rupees two thousand shall be placed at the disposal of the Secretary of the Taluk Committee.
- All expenditure on legal aid and advice, provisions of other legal services as also expenditure necessary for carrying out the various functions of the Taluk Committee shall be met out of the funds of the Taluk Committee. The Secretary shall operate the bank accounts of the Committee in accordance with the directions of the Chairman.
- The Taluk Committee shall cause to be kept and maintained true and correct accounts of all receipts and disbursements and furnish quarterly returns to the State Authority. The accounts of the Taluk Committee shall be subject to audit under the Orissa Local Fund Audit Act,1948 at least once a year, and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be paid by the Taluk Committee.