13. The numbers, experience and qualification of members of the Taluk Legal Services Committee under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 11-A ,-
- The Taluk Legal Services Committee shall have not more than five members.
- The following shall be the ex-officio members of the Taluk Legal services Committee:-
- Sub-Collector ; and
- Sub-divisional police officer or where the post of sub-divisional police officer does not exist in any Sub-Division, the Circle Inspector of police or the Inspector of Police, as the case may be, posted in the sub-divisional headquarters.
- The State Government may nominate, in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court, other members from amongst those possessing the qualifications and experience provided in sub-rule(4) .
- A person shall not be qualified for nomination as a member of the Taluk Legal Services Committee, unless he is:-
- an eminent Social Worker who is engaged in the upliftment of the weaker sections of the people including Scheduled Castes , Scheduled Tribes, women, children and rural labourers; or
- an eminent person in the field of law ; or
- a person of repute who is specially interested in the implementation of the Legal Services Schemes.
14. The number of officers and other employees of the Taluk legal Services Committee under sub-section (3) of section 11-A,-
The Taluk Legal Services Committee shall have such number of officers and other employees for rendering secretarial assistance and for its day to day functions as are set out in Schedule- D to these rules.
15. The conditions of service and the salary and allowances of officers and other employees of the Taluk Legal Services Committee under sub-section (4) of section 11-A,-
- The officers and other employees of the Taluk legal Services Committee shall be entitled to draw pay and allowances in the scale of pay indicated against each post in Schedule-D to these rules.
- In all matters relating to service conditions like age of retirement, allowances, benefits and entitlements and in disciplinary matters, the officers and other employees of the Taluk Legal Services Committee shall be governed by the State Government Rules as are applicable to persons holding equivalent posts