Passport Seva Portal 2.0:- Passport Seva 2.0 has ushered in a new era of convenience and efficiency for Indian citizens seeking to obtain or manage their passports. Developed through a collaboration between the Ministry of External Affairs, IIT Kanpur, and the National Informatics Center, this digital platform is set to transform the passport application and management process. In this article, we will delve into the various aspects of the Passport Seva 2.0, from registration to benefits and the e-passport process.
Passport Seva Portal 2023
- 1 Passport Seva Portal 2023
- 2 Passport Seva Portal 2023 Overview
- 3 Difference Between E-Passport & Regular Passport
- 4 Registration on Passport Seva Portal
- 5 How to Apply for Passport Seva Programme 2.0 2023?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ’s
- 7.1 What is the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
- 7.2 What are the benefits of using the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
- 7.3 How can I register on the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
- 7.4 What documents do I need for Passport Seva Portal registration?
- 7.5 Can I track the status of my passport application on the Passport Seva Portal?
If you’re planning an international trip with your family, you’ll need a passport, and the process of obtaining one can be complex. The Ministry of External Affairs has launched the Passport Seva Portal to simplify this process. This article shares information about the new online portal, including the ability to keep a digital copy of your passport and easily download it. You can also use the portal for tasks like updating passport information and reissuing passports. The direct link to the Passport Seva Programme 2.0 is provided in the overview table below for your convenience.
Passport Seva Portal 2023 Overview
|Topic||Passport Seva 2.0|
|Purpose||Provide efficient and accessible passport services to citizens|
|Programme Phase||Second phase of the Passport Seva Programme|
|Launch Date||May 2010|
|Features||Enhanced and upgraded e-passports|
|Principles||EASE (Enhanced passport services, Digital ecosystem)|
About Passport Seva
In recent years, the Indian government has been working to modernize public service delivery through e-Governance. They have a plan called the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), which includes important e-Governance projects known as Mission Mode Projects (MMPs). One of these projects focuses on improving Passport services in India. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is in charge of issuing Passports to Indian citizens through 36 Passport offices in the country and 190 Indian Missions and Posts abroad.
Passports are essential travel documents for people going abroad for various reasons like education, tourism, pilgrimage, medical treatment, business, and family visits. The growing economy and globalization have led to an increased demand for Passport and related services, not only in major cities but also in smaller towns. To improve Passport services for Indian citizens, the MEA launched the Passport Seva Project (PSP) in May 2010.
This project operates as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) with Tata Consultancy Services, chosen through a competitive process. The MEA retains control over critical functions like verification and issuing of passports, as well as ownership of core assets, including data. Passport Seva simplifies and streamlines the processes for passport issuance and related services, making them more transparent. It also establishes a nationwide network for government staff and collaborates with State Police for applicant verification and India Post for passport delivery.
Difference Between E-Passport & Regular Passport
Now that you understand the benefits of e-travel documents, let’s distinguish between the new e-visa and traditional passports to see why the digital passport is superior. It’s safer to opt for an electronic passport with an embedded data chip rather than a regular visa. With the chip, no one can tamper with the stored information, effectively reducing concerns about counterfeit passports and other fraudulent activities. In contrast, the information on a standard passport is printed and can be read by an optical scanner.
In the past, passports were primarily accepted in hard copy format. However, three prominent technical institutions in India, namely IIT Kanpur, National Informatics Center, and the Ministry of External Affairs, have collaborated to introduce a significant development. Now, people can easily download and retain a digital copy of their passport using the E-Passport Download Portal. This article provides comprehensive information about this website and its functionalities.
One of the groundbreaking features of Passport Seva Portal is the introduction of e-passports. Here’s how the process works:
- Application Submission: Begin by submitting your passport application through the portal, following the standard procedure.
- Biometric Data: During your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra, your biometric data is collected and stored in the secure e-passport chip.
- Enhanced Security: The e-passport contains advanced security features, making it extremely difficult to tamper with or forge.
- Soft Copy Download: Once your e-passport is issued, you can conveniently download a soft copy from the portal.
Passport Seva Portal Benefits
The Ministry of External Affairs has introduced the Passport Seva Portal, which simplifies the passport application process for Indian citizens. Now, everyone can effortlessly obtain a digital copy of their passport. Unlike before, where soft copies were not provided, the new e-passport comes with enhanced security features that make it tamper-proof. It contains a 64 KB chip that stores your biometric information and other essential details securely.
The Passport Seva Portal offers numerous benefits to applicants and passport holders:
- Easier Application Process: Applying for a passport has become more accessible, with clear instructions and a user-friendly interface.
- Soft Copy of Passport: Now, you can download and keep a soft copy of your passport securely, a feature not available previously.
- Data Security: The e-passport is tamper-proof, as all your information, including biometric details, is stored in a secure 64 KB chip.
- Information Updates: You can easily update your passport information and avail other services through the portal.
Registration on Passport Seva Portal
To access the services offered by the Passport Seva Programme 2.0, users need to register on the portal. Here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the official website: Go to portal2.passportindia.gov.in, the dedicated online portal for passport services.
- Create an Account: Click on the “New User Registration” link and provide the required information.
- Login Credentials: After successful registration, you will receive login credentials, including a username and password.
- Login: Use these credentials to log in to your account.
How to Apply for Passport Seva Programme 2.0 2023?
Getting a new e-visa is now easier with the implementation of the New Visa Seva Program v2.0. To understand any changes and get your passport appointment scheduled, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to www.passportindia.gov.in, the dedicated platform for passport services.
- Register: Complete the registration process on the website.
- Choose Appointment: After registration, select the option for “Timetable Arrangement” or “Apply for Passport.”
- Fill out the Application Form: Complete the 2023 Passport Application Form with your personal details, including your name and address.
- Select Passport Seva Kendra: Choose your preferred Passport Seva Kendra.
- Pick Date and Time: Select a suitable date and time for your passport appointment.
- Submit: Click on the “Submit” option to confirm your appointment.
- Confirmation: You will receive an email or text message confirming your passport appointment shortly.
By following these steps, you can easily schedule your passport appointment using the New Visa Seva Program 2.0. Visit the official website for any updates or additional information.
Documents Required For E-Passport Application
To apply for an E-Passport using the new Ministry of External Affairs website, you need to be aware of the required documents:
- Proof of Identity: You will need to provide a valid proof of identity, such as an Aadhar Card, Voter ID, or Passport.
- Proof of Address: You must provide proof of your current address, which can be a utility bill, Aadhar Card, or Voter ID.
- Passport Size Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph with a white background is required.
- Date of Birth Proof: You need to submit a document that verifies your date of birth, such as a birth certificate.
- Citizenship Proof: If applicable, provide proof of your Indian citizenship.
- Existing Passport (if applicable): If you are renewing your passport or applying for an E-Passport, you need to submit your existing passport.
Ensure you have these documents ready when applying for an E-Passport on the Ministry of External Affairs website to complete the application process smoothly.
The Passport Seva Portal is a significant leap forward in simplifying the passport application and management process for Indian citizens. With user-friendly features, enhanced data security, and the introduction of e-passports, it represents a digital revolution in passport services. Register on the portal today and experience the convenience and efficiency it offers. Say goodbye to the hassles of passport management and embrace the future of digital passports with Passport Seva Programme 2.0.
What is the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
The Passport Seva Portal is an online platform provided by the Government of India for passport-related services. It offers a streamlined and efficient way to apply for and manage passports.
What are the benefits of using the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
The portal offers benefits such as easy application submission, appointment scheduling, and online payment. It also provides updates on passport status and allows for quick access to essential services.
How can I register on the Passport Seva Programme 2.0?
To register, visit the portal2.passportindia.gov.in and click on the New User Registration option. Follow the steps to create your account, providing the required details and documents.
What documents do I need for Passport Seva Portal registration?
You will typically need documents like proof of identity, proof of address, and a passport-sized photograph for registration. Specific requirements may vary, so refer to the portal for detailed information.
Can I track the status of my passport application on the Passport Seva Portal?
Yes, you can track your passport application status on the portal. Log in to your account, go to the 'Track Application Status' section, and enter your file number or passport application number.